Sunday, January 15, 2012

online dating...the search for my LOBSTER

when i was home at Christmas my sister signed me up for online dating. she said she wants me to be happy so i should at least try it to find my mr. right. 

so this far in to the game i have started talking to one person and have had interest from a few more. some of the ones who have shown interest seem nice and then others i look at their profiles and i say...
..."oh my word...you could be my dad"...

i had coffee last night with the person i had been talking to and i woke up this morning and decided he is not my LOBSTER. he makes me laugh and has a relationship with the Lord but there was something that was missing. now i have the unfortunate task of telling him i think there is someone out there who is better for both of us. i never want to hurt anyone and i feel like telling someone that you don't like them more than a friend is really hard and can be really hurtful...

in all of this online dating stuff i decided before hand that i would always be honest and upfront. i am 28 now and i don't have to apologize for what i like and don't like or what i want or don't want. i say all that because i have finally come to really live by this. i am a people pleaser and i don't have to be...especially in this situation.

some of you...who am i kidding? there are only like two people who read this thing...so the two of you who read this may be thinking why does she keep talking about seafood :) i heard the phrase "he is her lobster" on an episode of friends and it has kind of stuck. the thought behind that is that lobsters mate for life...i just did a little research and that is false but it won't be false for me...once i find my LOBSTER i will not let him go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment