Tuesday, June 25, 2013

...you can't do that...

i have always wanted to be a painter and i decided that this summer in colorado i would try my hand at painting. i just finished painting the background to my painting and even though it is such a small accomplishment i feel so "good"... 
i have found that i tell myself often that "i can't do things"...i have the personality that if i can't do something perfectly or completely i won't even try it...my goal this summer is to challenge myself to do things that i have in the past told myself "i can't do"... for example...i went hiking with friends yesterday and wanted to stop so many times but made myself keep going. i think too many times i take the "easy" way out and don't challenge myself. i don't want to live that kind of life...i want to challenge myself physically and spiritually...i want to press towards the goal...because in all reality i can do a LOT of things that i once told myself i couldn't do...

philippians 3:14 
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment