Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I see you....

...so i finally went to the eye doctor last week...i haven't been to the eye doctor for a while because of a variety of reasons and the glasses and contacts i have been wearing are OLD and my mom has been harassing me for a LONG time to get my eyes checked. so to make my mama happy i made an appointment with an eye doctor who volunteers at grace and went and saw him last week...

since seeing him i have spent a LOT of money and i have had to wear my glasses for a week and have to wear them for another week...i want to say right now i HATE  dislike strongly wearing my glasses. i feel really self conscious in them. they make my eyes look big and like i said before they are old. 

at first i was upset because of all the money that i was spending and i was frustrated that i had to wear my glasses...after "living" in these emotions for a little bit i stopped myself and said a prayer of thanks to God because i have been saving money for this expense and i had to stop and say to myself there are a lot worse things in the world than having to wear silly old glasses. i feel silly saying all this but this has been a really big deal for me.

ultimately i had to come to the conclusion that my glasses DON'T define me. just because i am wearing them doesn't mean i'm a different katie. i'm the same loud crazy girl whether i am wearing glasses or not. 

psalm 139:14
i praise you because i am fearfully and wonderfully made your works are wonderful i know that full well.

No comments:

Post a Comment